Fine woodwind bloggery from the past month:
- Mark Catoe shares a nicely-organized sequence for teaching beginning saxophonists the major scales.
- Cate Hummel provides a checklist for improving third-octave playing on the flute.
- Oboist Jennet Ingle ponders upon the process of changing playing habits, and works in some important reed concepts, too.
- Bassoonist Christin Schillinger gives some down-to-earth advice on dealing with performance anxiety.
- Trent Jacobs shares some bassoon “extended low register” (multiphonic) fingerings.
That wraps up the first quarter of 2015 with no clarinet posts featured yet. Clarinet bloggers, let me know you’re out there. Also, all of this month’s featured bloggers are repeats, some several times over. If you have a woodwind blog that you think I may not be following yet, send me a link!