On this site
- International Double Reed Society
- British Double Reed Society
- Finnish Double Reed Society
- French Oboe Association
- Hungarian Oboe Society
- Viennese Oboe Association
- Double Reeds (Sax on the Web)
- Double-reed Family (Woodwind Forum)
- IDRS Forum
- Making Oboe Reeds
- Oboe BBoard
- Oboe Forum (8Notes)
- The Double Reed Archive of the International Double Reed Society’s journal, 1978-present. Issues within the last year are available to IDRS members only.
- To the World’s Oboists Archive of the IDRS oboe publication, 1972-1977.
- MKL Reeds. Articles on the oboe and especially oboe reeds.
- Oboe Sound Gallery Sound clips of prominent oboists from around the world, playing solo repertoire and orchestral excerpts.
- ASU Oboe Homepage by Prof. Martin Schuring. Practical, informative articles for the oboist. Also my favorite reed adjustment guide on the web.
- Oboe Webpage by Dr. Sarah Hamilton. Syllabi for college-level oboe study, and useful articles on reeds, instrument maintenance, and other pedagogical topics.
- Syllabus for Applied Oboe by Dr. Stephen Caplan. Scales, etudes, solos, and recommended reading for the college oboist.
- Making Oboe Reeds by Joseph Shalita. Useful information on the website, and you can get the first chapter of Mr. Shalita’s reedmaking book for free. Also a reedmaking forum!
- Tips for Oboe by Dr. John W. Goodall. Note that Dr. Goodall is a doubler—professor of oboe and saxophone.
- Making Oboe Reeds by George Yefchak. A useful overview, with photos.