Kind of a short list this month, so either all the bloggers are on summer vacation or I am getting pickier.
- The eminent Nicholas Daniel gives us the inside scoop on judging a high-level oboe competition.
- Saxophonist Ben Britton shares some ideas about overtone practice. (Also: I got a sneak preview of the new overtone book Ben mentions, and it’s excellent. Review to come.)
- Flutist Jennifer Cluff reports on an Emmanuel Pahud masterclass.
- Saxophonist Matt Otto suggests playing with no tongue.
- Trent Jacobs shares an interesting idea about trying new bassoons.