- The Flute Examiner (Kelly Wilson): Why We Should Love Our Ribs
- Blog :: –– Jason Alder :: (Bass) Clarinetist: A Guide to Understanding Bass Clarinet Clef Notation
- JQ Flute (Jessica Quiñones): 5 things I no longer believe about flute playing.
- Sax ProShop: #WednesdayWisdom: Making Saxophone Low Notes that whisper and wail! It’s all in the set-up.
- Bill Plake Music: The Value Of Having (But Not Always Following) A Daily Practice Plan
- International Clarinet Association: How to rock your college music auditions
- ProneOboe (Jennet Ingle): Reed Mindset
- Nicole Riner, flutist: You Will Survive Your College Auditions
Favorite blog posts, January 2019
- Joffe Woodwinds: Practicing on the Gig
- JQ Flute: Rough times happening? Oh look, there you are making gold out of it. Here’s 3 heartfelt observations about your playing to get you through the storm
- Oboemotions: Promising Research
- Kristopher King (bassoon): Low A
- The Flute View: Creating and Refining Better Habits in Your Practice Room by Rena Urso
- Wayne Leechford: Auditioning for All-District
- Jenny Maclay (clarinet): My Winter Warm-Up Routine For Cold Days
Favorite blog posts, December 2017
- Betsy Sturdevant brainstorms some (tongue-in-cheek) reasons not to sharpen her bassoon reed profiler blade.
- Woodwind doubler Ed Joffe shares some practical advice about subbing on gigs.
- Flutist Nicole Riner explores some lessons about focus learned during an artist retreat.
- Joan Martí-Frasquier lists some repertoire for baritone saxophone.
- Oboist Jennet Ingle considers some ideas about motivation and doing difficult things.
- Clarinetist Michael Dean offers some small but useful performing tips.
- Flutist Jessica Quiñones shares some ways to build a private studio.
- Saxophonist Larry Weintraub recalls a day spent with Michael Brecker.
- Khara Wolf suggests solutions for oboe reeds with too-wide tip openings.