On this site
- International Double Reed Society
- British Double Reed Society
- Finnish Double Reed Society
- Japan Bassoon Society
- Bassoon BBoard
- Bassoon Forum (8Notes)
- Double Reeds (Sax on the Web)
- Double-reed Family (Woodwind Forum)
- IDRS Forum
- Bassoon resources by Dr. Bruce Hammel. My pick for the most useful bassoon site on the web. The annotated fingering chart is fantastic, and so is the reed-making guide with lots of photos.
- The Double Reed Archive of the International Double Reed Society’s journal, 1978-present. Issues within the last year are available to IDRS members only.
- To the World’s Bassoonists Archive of the IDRS bassoon publication, 1969-1977.
- The Bassoon-Family Fingering Companion by Terry B. Ewell. The complete source for bassoon fingerings, including fingerings for non-standard instruments and for specific musical passages.
- Bassoon, Reeds and more… by Christian Davidsson. Good stuff includes reed adjusting info, a listing of bassoon recordings, and bassoon repertoire MIDI files.
- University of Michigan Bassoon Studio by Dr. Jeffrey G. Lyman. Check out the orchestral excerpts list.
- Tips for Bassoon by Dr. Kirsten Nelson. Good articles on bassoon-playing fundamentals.
- Bibliography of Bassoon Theses and Dissertations by Eric J. Petersen. Listing of scholarly papers about the bassoon.
- The WWW Bassoon Reed Project Images, descriptions, and measurements of bassoon reeds for comparison.